Recently I built this awesome grease collection system, it all fits stealthily in the Suburban and with minimal effort we can collect over 200 gallons per outing by sucking it out of dumpsters. The system still requires two people, one to hold the dipstick and one to monitor the pump, but it works well for what we need. Keep in mind that each of these trips nets $600 worth of fuel savings, compared with buying diesel. On top of that I built a similar kick ass grease filtration system, capable of holding 720 filtered gallons, more than enough to get us through the winter when it is harder to filter due to cooler temperatures. Well, last Sunday Johnson and I went out on our first hunt for grease in Binghamton, we didn't know the area very well but after looking in every dumpster we could find we got our 200 gallons, as well as a few to check out the next time we went. All told it took 130 miles of driving and 7 hours of our time, not bad for $600 but I knew we could do better. I filtered that entire haul in this last week so we went out again today, it only took 2 hours and 60 miles, most of which was driving from rural to suburban and back, to collect the 200 gallons, and since I rigged my drill up to the pump I only had to pump 60 of it by hand which was nice as well, much more efficient. That's the white half of the cookie.

When we got home I had to unload the barrels, 4 almost full 55 gallon drums, weighing in at about 500 pounds a piece. I usually scoot them down a ramp out the back of the truck which has worked OK, but today one of the barrels caught a nail on the ramp (I didn't build it, it came with the barn. This is obviously a pitiful excuse, but it makes me feel a twinge better.) Now I have a leaky bottomed full barrel of grease on it's side on the floor, cursing it to high heaven trying to right it's slippery ass. I wanted it to be upside down so the leak was on the top, but it was impossible. I had the grand idea to cut a hole in it and pump it empty, but the only other vessel I had to put it in was a barrel that is full of grease heated and ready to be filtered. I started to run it through my new magnificent filter system when that exploded too, literally raining grease on my head. It all took about 2 hours to clean up. That's the black half of the cookie.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to go along with it, 'blogs are boring without pictures. To make up for the shitty afternoon I'm now making peanut butter ice cream in our new ice cream maker I got for $4 at the local Salvo. Maybe the cookie is more than half white.